Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello World

Hi Everyone!

Go read the about me section so I don't have to repeat myself in this here blog.

So I'm afraid of some foods for very good reasons.

The Shrimp Fear
Not irrational. I have perfectly acceptable reasons why I won't eat shrimp.

Reason number 1- The first time I EVER ate shrimp, I was in the south of France, where sea food is apparently super amazing, except I wouldn't really know because I'm not a sea food freak. Anyway, my grandmother (who is an amazing cook) was making some sort of shrimp dinner for the fam. Except she didn't go to the market and buy fresh shrimp from some nice old shriveled up french man who permanently smelled like fish, she went to the super market. Instead of buying mediocre shrimp from their sea food section, she went for the frozen Brazilian shrimp that look like severed gray thumbs, not shrimp. Ick. Then, back at the house in France, she ordered me and my cousin to peel said shrimp, which were slimy and smelled like they had been sitting at the bottom of the sea of poop for eternity. After squeezing them out of their shells and getting shiz-nasty shrimp ick all OVER my hands, I had to eat them. And I almost threw up. But little did I know, my cousin's babysitter had stolen one of the uncooked shrimp, wrapped it in toilet paper, and employed my sweet, mischievous little sister to put said shrimp in my pillow case. I guess she was feeling pretty spiteful that day... So I ended up sleeping on this raw, previously frozen Brazilian shrimp all night. My head, the pillow, the blankets, the sheets, and the mattress all smelled like shrimp when I woke up. It took 3 showers and almost a full bottle of shampoo to get the smell out of my hair.

Reason number 2- Then, the next year, while fishing, my sister hooked me in the back of the head with the shrimp we were using as bait while fishing.

Reason number 3- Then, that same summer, I decided to be brave and try cajun shrimp. It was so spicy my lips almost fell off.


So I'm not exactly excited to try shrimp ever again. But hey, that's what this blog is for! I'm going to conquer my fear, eat shrimp, and learn to love it.

So there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, as far as good places for seafood I highly recommend Reef, Good Company Seafood, and Rajun Cajun

    ReplyDelete