Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grumble Grumble Grumble.

You know what makes me sad?

When a good restaurant with a fun atmosphere goes down the freaking tubes.

For instance- Mission Burrito.

Once a fun, hip restaurant, Mission is now on the depressing side. The dingy tables, incompetent staffers, and sticky floors might add to this fall from the top.

I was there today eating lunch and I couldn't help remembering how awesome this place used to be back when my family ate here at least once a week. Instead of calling your name when your order was ready or delivering food right to the customer's table, Mission would give out toys.

"When your order is ready, we'll call out 'The Incredible Hulk'."

And then they would give you an Incredible Hulk action figure to mess with while you waited for your food.
Sweet right?

Not anymore. When I went today, the chick at the counter was like "Yeah, so y'all are 'sunglasses.' When we call 'sunglasses' your order is ready."

AND THEN THEY COMMITTED A HEINOUS CRIME.
They didn't give us a toy. Me, being a regular costumer, politely asked "Do we get a toy?" To which the crime-committer replied, "Oh we don't do that anymore."

Say what?

I wanted to punch a pony I was so angry. NO TOY?!?!

Ignore the fact that I'm fifteen years old and don't play with toys anymore. THIS WAS A PROBLEM. This restaurant that I practically grew up eating from was CHANGING ITS WAYS!?

I guess this is pretty indicative of my personality. Ok, so I'm not that open to change, I know that.

BUT WHEN A RESTAURANT SAYS YOU ARE "SUNGLASSES", THEY'D BETTER GIVE YOU SOME SUNGLASSES TO SOLIDIFY THAT FACT.

Argle Bargle.

No comments:

Post a Comment