Monday, June 13, 2011

Kubo's

Sushi has always scared me. Raw fish? Seaweed? I was always like, "Count me out, y'all, I'ma pass on that nastiness."

So when my friends suggested sushi the other night for dinner, I wasn't pumped. At all. Because I KNEW they would pull the "for the blog!!" line and then I would be forced to choke down raw fish nuggets. Lord, I'm dramatic.

Anyway, we went to this joint called Kubo's in the middle of Rice Village because its "Cheap, fresh, and always good."

Much to my surprise, this turned out to be true. Kubo's was good, y'all! And while I chickened out a little bit and got the vegetable rolls, I wasn't afraid to try what everyone else ordered.

Biggest deal of all? I tried a crunchy eel roll. O.o

It was scary, but I did it! It had two different kinds of caviar on it, and it made me gag a wee teensy bit (not gonna lie) because it was big, but besides that it was goooood.

Please enjoy this photo evidence of me preparing to eat the eel roll (and pleassseeee ignore my atrocious chopstick skills and the fact that my left hand is apparently unable to operate in stressful situations)

In other news, I'm going to try and incorporate some other stuff into this blog besides food... so enjoy this cover of Pursuit of Happiness by Lissie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQMJCOT2wlQ

No comments:

Post a Comment