Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Noms

Happy summer everyone!!

I've always loved summer (only a crazy person wouldn't)- the sun, the laziness, the traveling, the weather, the messing around, and, especially, the noms.

(noms= food)

This summer is really cool for me because I'm just chilling HARD instead of traveling all over the place like I normally do in the summer.

Except not really. I work five days a week for 7 hours a day in the oppressive Texas sun... and I LOVE it. Sure its exhausting, but I'm coaching sailing with some really cool people, and I'm basically getting paid (minimum wage... lawl) to mess around with my friends and some boats.

But I digress. People I write to you with heart-stopping, awe-inspiring, earth-shifting news.

....

I ATE SHRIMP, TRICK! AND TUNA, DOG!

Try not to die from shock.

It happened on the fourth of July. My incredible chef Uncle made us a primarily sous-vide feast of asparagus with prosciutto, French potato salad (in a vinaigrette, absolutely no mayo), ratatouille (courtesy of my Momma), shrimp cocktail and grilled tuna steaks.

The latter two things on the list made me go like this.... o.O

Except I was like, "Screw this. It's the 4th of July. There are no excuses on AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY, DANGIT!!"

So I ate some shrimp. And after my first bite, I was like "Aight, this is pretty good!" So I had some more.

And then I was like "Yea Shrimp I showed you whats up, Tuna you're going down!" And so I tried some and I was like "Where have you been all my life?!"

It was borderline magical. I would have eaten a lot more than I did, but it was such a new taste to me that I had to take it slow... that and I had already gorged myself on sides :3

But in all seriousness I'm not afraid anymore. Someone can put a shrimp in front of me now without sending me into disgust-induced scaredy cat lock down.

Eleanor, don't try anything!

Tuna salad, on the other hand, is going to be a different story.


Please comment and let me know about your summer eating adventures!!

Coming soon- a post on a famous Kemah dive with a whoooooleeee lot of quirkiness.

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment